- Table View
- List View
Easy Things to Make--To Make Things Easy: Simple Do-It-Yourself Home Modifications for Older People and Others with Physical Limitationsby Doreen Greenstein
The newest addition to Dr. Greenstein's practical how-to-do-it series for individuals with physical limitations. This delightfully illustrated, large-print format book is filled with suggestions to make life easier, safer, and more enjoyable for older people and others with physical limitations. Included are low-cost modification ideas for the home environment, ways to make daily activities more enjoyable, and important information for caregivers. All the adaptations described can be made easily and inexpensively, using common materials. Specific activities range from gardening with one hand to making a kitchen sink wheelchair-accessible.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.