- Table View
- List View
In Bourbon Street Blues and Jackson Square Jazz, Greg Herren introduced the wickedly naughty--and irrepressible--Scotty Bradley, who's never met a drink he didn't want, a decadence he could resist, or a hunky trick he won't treat to a little bit of himself. Now, in Mardi Gras Mambo, Scotty's back on the crowded, party-happy streets of New Orleans, getting ready for a Carnival he'll never forget--if he lives through it. . . It's Carnival time in New Orleans, and Scotty Bradley, ex go-go boy turned private eye, is looking forward to relaxing with his boyfriends, Frank and Colin, and partying it up right. But nothing ever seems to work out the way Scotty wants it. Not only is it cold and rainy, ruining his elaborate costume plans, but former FBI agent Frank has issues with dropping a hit (or two, or four) of Ecstasy. Hello! Ecstasy at Mardi Gras is practically guaranteed in the Gay Bill of Rights! Fortunately, Frank gets over himself, the weather clears up, Scotty's dealer, Misha, delivers the goods, and the boys are off to the races. And that's when the real fun begins. After a night of partying, they come home to find the cops waiting for them. Misha has apparently been murdered and guess who was the last person to see him alive? Turns out his wheeling and dealing had gotten him in trouble with a lot of people--including the Russian mob. And those guys don't play around. Suddenly, Scotty's missing not just one but two boyfriends. And as the streets of Nola come alive in a hot human frenzy of sequins, music, dancing, and the sweat of thousands of revelers ready to throw caution and clothing to the wind, Scotty is in a desperate race to save the men he sometimes loves and keep Fat Tuesday from being the last day any of them ever see. . . When Herren introduced young, well-muscled former New Orleans bar dancer Scotty Bradley, he gave crime fiction one of its most engaging gay heroes. --Booklist Greg Herren is a personal trainer and writer who calls New Orleans home. Former editor of Lambda Book Report, he has published in many publications, including Harvard Gay and Lesbian Review, A&U, Genre and Instinct. He is currently working on a sequel to Mardi Gras Mambo. He has no pets, no plans to adopt or artificially inseminate, and tries to live quietly with his partner of eight years.
Hungry. Ruthless. Irresistibly erotic. Succumb to desire as dark and mysterious as the men featured in these four tales of sensual--and deliciously sinister--passion. . . Midnight Thirsts The Nightwatchers, by Greg Herren Aspiring actor Phillip Rutledge is looking only for a role in a local theater production when he finds something much more tempting in the arms of mysterious Kevin Lockhart. Yet what Kevin craves may be more than Phillip is willing to offer as he learns that one more night in the sensuous strangers embrace may be his last. . . Carnival, by Michael Thomas Ford As chief mechanic for a traveling show, Joe Flanagan has found the perfect place to hide what has always set him apart--his desire for other men. But when a new attraction is added to the carnival, presided over by the seductive Mr. Star, Joe finds himself a player in a dangerous game that promises a kind of pleasure hes only dreamed of. . . The Vampire Stone, by Timothy Ridge Antiques dealer Roland Weir is thrilled with the chance to sell a valuable, ornately carved box dating back to the 1700s--but hes even more intrigued by the man who offers it, and the strange caveat that accompanies the object. Suddenly, the life Roland has known hangs in the balance as the necklace inside the box reveals the promise of unearthly power--and untold bliss. Vampire, Inc. , by Sean Wolfe A typical boys night out becomes an odyssey of pleasure when Chance Foster meets Christiano Montez, a newcomer to Denver. Startled to discover that the charismatic, otherworldly young man is a vampire, Chance is still willing to risk everything to hold onto his sensual new lover--even in the face of a rival vampires deadly blood lust. . . Indulge in the forbidden pleasures of the vampire in this collection of lushly erotic stories that will make your blood run hot. . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.