- Table View
- List View
NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Greg Tang takes on the times tables, teaching kids innovative ways to multiply numbers and derive answers WITHOUT memorization. Four is very fast to do when you multiply by 2. Here's a little good advice -- please just always double twice! BEST OF TIMES gives kids an intuitive understanding of multiplication, encouraging them to arrive at answers on their own rather than memorizing the times tables. A child who can multiply by two, for instance, can multiply by four and even eight! Likewise, times six builds on times two and times three. With his common-sense approach, Greg Tang encourages kids to solve problems creatively, building both their skills and their confidence.
Illustrated riddles introduce strategies for solving a variety of math problems in using visual clues. Each riddle & the rhyming clues that accompany it, can be answered by applying simple math skills like adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
Rhyming anecdotes present opportunities for simple math activities and hints for solving.
For some children, make comes fairly easily. For others, it is a challenge nearly every step of the way. What accounts for this difference? Is there a special math gene that makes math easy for some kids and difficult for others? Fortunately, the answer is "no." Success is often determined by how fluent children are with numbers, the language of math. When kids develop a good understanding of numbers at an early age, everything else-arithmetic, algebra, even geometry-follows naturally.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.