- Table View
- List View
Based on extensive research including visits to most health centres and facilities in Nunavut, Gregory Marchildon and Renée Torgerson have produced a comprehensive review of healthcare in Canada's newest territory. Nunavut: A Health System Profile provides an in-depth examination of population health and healthcare in the territory. Little more than a decade old, Nunavut has a population that consists of thirty-thousand residents living in twenty-five widely dispersed communities. No roads connect the territory's isolated populations and nearly all supplies and equipment are transported by air. Consequently, health service delivery in Nunavut is the costliest in Canada and its operation encounters challenges more extreme than those faced elsewhere. Marchildon and Torgerson consider the historical and demographic context of healthcare in Nunavut, as well as the finances, governance, infrastructure, workforce, and program provisions that define the system. Due to a high incidence of suicide and the psychological upheaval associated with rapid societal change, the authors call particular attention to the treatment of mental health and addictions. Filling a gap in our understanding of one of Canada's most important and expensive social policies, Nunavut: A Health System Profile provides the first comprehensive review of the health system in Nunavut and the distinct health issues the territory faces.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.