- Table View
- List View
The 15th Edition of H. J. deBlij and Peter Mullers "Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts" has been expanded and enhanced upon previous editions. This carefully crafted text by one of the most traveled, knowledgeable and authoritative geography authors, H. J. deBlij provides a comprehensive understanding about the world with a long history of on authoritative content, outstanding cartography, currency, and comprehensive coverage, in a technology-rich package. A new online World Regional Geography program is one of many new strong and effective technologies included. New Organization Chapters are now divided into A/B sections. Within each chapter, Part A, Defining the Realm, examines developments that unfold across the entire realm or major parts of it. In Part B, Regions of the Realm, the authors explore the regions within the realms to view developments at a finer resolution and examine the role of individual states and national cultures. New and updated content incorporated into the narrative of every chapter. Chapters 8A and 8B (South Asia), for example, now discusses recent developments in the cultural and religious conflict between Pakistan and India, as well as a more detailed discussion of economic growth and effects of globalization in South Asia. New "Voice From the Region" feature, in every chapter. Each essay showcases the local perspective of an individual who resides in the realm. Many new photographs and field notes, taken by co-author Jan Nijman while doing fieldwork. New BBC videos, which can be used as lecture-launchers in class
Human Geography 10th Edition includes all of the important concepts and theory on Human Geography as previous issues with a more succinct and engaging narrative while going in depth to touch on all the major themes of the topic. The text focuses on identity and how every human being forges an identity in a globalized world. It includes recurring coverage of "identity" and how people make places and shape identities to see global, local and individual implications of decisions that people make every day. The main objective of this issue is to provide more understanding of human systems from a spatial perspective; ways to think globally; and ways to understand real-world implications of Human Geography. The text will help encourage a better understanding of how to create an identity in a globalized world and how decisions happen in a global context and can have global impacts.
Textbook on the geography of the world toward the close of the first decade of the twenty-first century as well as a guide to geographic ideas and perspectives, past and present.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.