- Table View
- List View
The 15th Edition of H. J. deBlij and Peter Mullers "Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts" has been expanded and enhanced upon previous editions. This carefully crafted text by one of the most traveled, knowledgeable and authoritative geography authors, H. J. deBlij provides a comprehensive understanding about the world with a long history of on authoritative content, outstanding cartography, currency, and comprehensive coverage, in a technology-rich package. A new online World Regional Geography program is one of many new strong and effective technologies included. New Organization Chapters are now divided into A/B sections. Within each chapter, Part A, Defining the Realm, examines developments that unfold across the entire realm or major parts of it. In Part B, Regions of the Realm, the authors explore the regions within the realms to view developments at a finer resolution and examine the role of individual states and national cultures. New and updated content incorporated into the narrative of every chapter. Chapters 8A and 8B (South Asia), for example, now discusses recent developments in the cultural and religious conflict between Pakistan and India, as well as a more detailed discussion of economic growth and effects of globalization in South Asia. New "Voice From the Region" feature, in every chapter. Each essay showcases the local perspective of an individual who resides in the realm. Many new photographs and field notes, taken by co-author Jan Nijman while doing fieldwork. New BBC videos, which can be used as lecture-launchers in class
Human Geography 10th Edition includes all of the important concepts and theory on Human Geography as previous issues with a more succinct and engaging narrative while going in depth to touch on all the major themes of the topic. The text focuses on identity and how every human being forges an identity in a globalized world. It includes recurring coverage of "identity" and how people make places and shape identities to see global, local and individual implications of decisions that people make every day. The main objective of this issue is to provide more understanding of human systems from a spatial perspective; ways to think globally; and ways to understand real-world implications of Human Geography. The text will help encourage a better understanding of how to create an identity in a globalized world and how decisions happen in a global context and can have global impacts.
Textbook on the geography of the world toward the close of the first decade of the twenty-first century as well as a guide to geographic ideas and perspectives, past and present.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.