- Table View
- List View
Muwahahahaha! Dr. Frankenstein. Marie Curie. Dr. Moreau. Captain Nemo. They're the most fascinating minds of all time--and now a science guru has teamed up with an expert in human psychology to coax them out of their laboratories and onto the analyst's couch. Real and fictional, famous and infamous, crazy and just crazily driven, these brilliant men and women exhibit a list of neuroses almost as impressive as their extraordinary accomplishments. At last, you can explore their early fixations, their ambitions, their successes and failures, and the particular quirks that have granted each induction into the Mad Scientist Hall of Fame, including: Dr. Evil: Megalomaniacal doctor with antisocial personality disorder (and pathological dislike of his own son, Scotty) Nikola Tesla: Real-life mad scientist with obsessive compulsive disorder (and he talked to aliens) Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde: Brilliant doctor gone bad, suffering from multiple personality disorder (and a penchant for strong chemical cocktails) Lex Luthor: Villain and supergenius with manic mood disorder (and premature baldness) Witty, illuminating, and thoroughly entertaining, this one-of-a-kind book offers irrefutable proof that success, super-intelligence, and a mantelpiece full of Nobel prizes is no guarantee of sanity. Praise for Daniel H. Wilson Daniel H. Wilson and Anna C. Long have made an exhaustive study of the evil mind. It is complete, pulls no punches, and reveals secrets that have hitherto remained hidden. It is for these reasons that I must liquidate them. Great book! --Mike Myers, aka Dr. Evil from Austin Powers Forget about John Connor--it's Daniel H. Wilson who is going to save us from the Terminators. --Forbes on How to Survive a Robot Uprising A tribute to the far-fetched ideas that often drive progress. --Erik Sofge, Popular Mechanics, for Where's My Jetpack?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.