- Table View
- List View
An all-inclusive guide to key concepts and details about Dan Brown's novel Inferno--featuring black-and-white illustrations. Go deep into the provocative and always compelling world of Dan Brown's novel, Inferno. Delivering crucial background on the characters, codes, symbols, secrets, and setting of the novel, Inferno Decoded also offers a wealth of fascinating details about the historical and cultural background and the questions it raises. As in Michael Haag's previous bestseller, The Rough Guide to The Da Vinci Code, the author illuminates the life and work of Dante Alighieri and the world of medieval Florence. Also included: an overview of Dante and his work, along with the other themes of Brown's thriller; a guide to its sources and Tuscan locations; and a look back at the earlier career of Brown's hero, Harvard Professor of Symbology, Robert Langdon.
This course deals with signals, systems, and transforms, from their theoretical mathematical foundations to practical implementation in circuits and computer algorithms. At the conclusion of ELEC 301, you should have a deep understanding of the mathematics and practical issues of signals in continuous and discrete time, linear time invariant systems, convolution, and Fourier transforms.
The first history of the legendary knights since the Vatican momentously released the records of their trial and exoneration Who were the Templars? What was the secret of their wealth and power? Why did the pope and the king of France act to destroy them? The Knights Templar were founded on Christmas Day 1119, on the very spot in Jerusalem where Jesus Christ was crucified. A religious order of fighting knights, the Templars defended the Holy Land and Christian pilgrims in the decades after the First Crusade. Legendary for their bravery and dedication, the Templars became one of the wealthiest and most powerful bodies of the medieval world-until they were condemned for heresy two centuries after their foundation, when the order was abolished and its leaders were burned at the stake. In The Templars, renowned historian Michael Haag investigates the origins and history, the enduring myths, and the soaring architecture of an enigmatic order long shrouded in mystery and controversy. The hand of the Templars, many believe, can be found in everything from Cathar heresy to Masonic conspiracies, and the Knights Templar still inspire popular culture, from Indiana Jones to Xbox games, to the novels of Dan Brown.
From Michael Haag, bestselling author of The Templars: The History and the Myth, comes The Tragedy of the Templars, an exciting new look at the rise of Templar power and the saga of their destruction. Founded on Christmas Day 1119 in Jerusalem, the Knights Templar was a religious order dedicated to defending the Holy Land and its Christian pilgrims in the decades after the First Crusade. Legendary for their bravery and dedication, the Templars became one of the wealthiest and most powerful bodies of the medieval world--and the chief defenders of Christian society against growing Muslim forces. In The Tragedy of the Templars: The Rise and Fall of the Crusader States, Haag masterfully details the conflicts and betrayals that sent this faction of powerful knights spiraling from domination to condemnation. This stirring and thoroughly researched work of historical investigation includes maps and full-color photographs of important cultural sites, many of which doubled as battlefields during the Crusades.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.