- Table View
- List View
It's a fact: not all weight is really fat. Much of being overweight is caused by allergy-like food reactions. This "false fat" is easy to put on, but it can be hard to take off. Now you can do it--this week--with the revolutionary False Fat Diet. In just a few days, you can lose 5-10 pounds--and 10-20 pounds within two or three weeks. This healthy, practical 21-day nutritional program includes- Identifying which foods you react to--and replacing them with the right foods for your body chemistry- False Fat Week--the amazing 7-day period when your swelling and puffiness subside, as you lose ten pounds- The Balance Program--a personally customized diet that returns your metabolism to normal, and takes pounds off steadily as you reach your ideal weight. Delicious, easy-to-prepare, reaction-free recipes, created with popular, health-conscious chefs, that don't drastically cut calories the way other diets do. This scientific, no-hunger, individualized regimen is the only diet that can work for everyone.
The 21st-century edition of this groundbreaking work by Dr. Elson Haas with Dr. Buck Levin presents the most current health and nutrition information available in an easy-to-use format with a friendly, engaging tone. Decades of practical experience and scientific research are compiled into one encyclopedic volume that features newly expanded chapters on special supplements, lifestage programs, and breakthrough medical treatment protocals for conditions including fatigue, viral illnesses, weight management, and mental and mood disorders such as anxiety, ADHD, and depression. PART ONE gives a detailed analysis of The Building Blocks of nutrition: water, carbohydrates, proteins, fats and oils, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. PART TWO evaluates Foods and Diets, discussing every food group and most diets around the world. A special chapter on the environment and nutrition raises awareness and offers guidance about food additives, industrial chemicals, food irradiation, electropollution, and other health and ecological issues. PART THREE brings all of this nutritional information together, showing readers how to make wise and commonsense choices while Building a Healthy Diet. A personalized eating plan for the year, The Ideal Diet is both seasonally and naturally based, and a healthy lifelong diet. PART FOUR contains specific nutritional and lifestyle therapies for enhancing all stages of life and suggests treatments for common conditions and diseases such as aging, menopause, bone loss, weight loss, and cancer by focusing on Nutritional Applications: 32 Special Diet and Supplement Programs. Anyone interested in enhancing wellness, eating right, treating illness naturally, and living in harmony with nature will find Staying Healthy with Nutrition to be the ultimate handbook for optimal health and vitality. "For more than thirty years my colleague Dr. Elson Haas has contributed to the field of nutritional education to the benefit of both the public and health practitioners. This new edition of his classic guide is user friendly and filled with current scientific studies, making it possible for everyone to be up to date in this most important are of knowledge about health. In my opinion, Staying Healthy with Nutrition is an excellent guide for those wishing to make smarter dietary choices. "-Andrew Weil, MD, author of 8 Weeks to Optimum Health and Healthy Aging"The comprehensiveness of Dr. Haas's Staying Healthy with Nutrition makes it a great desk reference for physicians and other healthcare practitioners or professionals. The more controversial topics are handled with considerable fairness and insight. "-T. Colin Campbell, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University, and author of The China Study
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.