The ISTQB Certified Tester exam was developed toward an international standard which includes 47 international testing boards. Today more than 130,000 people have taken the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Foundations Level exam. So, where can all these people go to learn what they need to know in order to pass the exam? Now they can go to Software Testing Foundations, 3rd Edition, from Rocky Nook's Computing division. Professional testing of software has become an increasingly important task that requires a profound knowledge of testing techniques. The ISTQB has developed a universally accepted, international qualification scheme aimed at software and system testing professionals, and has created the syllabi and the tests for the "Certified Tester." With authors who are among the founders of the Certified Tester Syllabus, this thoroughly revised and updated 3rd Edition covers the "Foundations Level" (i.e., entry level) and teaches the most important methods of software testing. It is designed for self-study and provides the knowledge necessary to pass the Certified Tester: Foundations Level exam as defined by the ISTQB. Additionally, in this new edition, technical terms have been stated more precisely according to the revised and uptated ISTQB glossary.
Foundation level, ISTQB compliant. Topics covered include: fundamentals of testing, testing and the software lifecycle, static and dynamic testing techniques, test management, test tools.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.