- Table View
- List View
A Harold Bell Wright Trilogy: Shepherd of the Hills, The Calling of Dan Matthews, and God and the Grocerymanby Harold Bell Wright
The Shepherd of the Hills: This is Harold Bell Wright's most famous work. The shepherd, an elderly, mysterious, learned man, escapes the buzzing restlessness of the city to live in the Ozarks. This shepherd is based on Wright himself, who moved to the Ozarks and established a ministry. The Calling of Dan Matthews: In this sequel, Dan Matthews, becomes the new minister of the Midwestern town of Corinth. God and the Groceryman: This last book is a plea for God's presence in all aspects of life.
The man was from the world beyond the ridges, and his carefully tailored clothing looked strangely out of place in the mountain wilderness. His form stooped a little in the shoulders, perhaps with weariness, but he carried himself with the unconscious air of one long used to a position of conspicuous power and influence; and, while his well-kept hair and beard were strongly touched with white, the brown, clear lighted eyes, that looked from under their shaggy brows, told of an intellect unclouded by the shadows of many years. The people of the Ozarks called him The Shepherd of The Hills and only he can heal a division in the community that no one else is even aware of.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.