- Table View
- List View
THE CONSUMER'S GUIDE TO PILLS--COMPLETELY REVISED 14th EDITION FOR 2010 WITH MORE THAN 20 IMPORTANT NEW DRUGS AND DOZENS OF NEW BRAND NAMES For more than three decades, millions of consumers have trusted The Pill Book to provide official, FDA-approved information on more than 1,800 of the most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States with guidelines from leading pharmacists. Each drug is profiled in a concise, readable, easy-to-understand entry, making The Pill Book the perfect reference when you have questions about the medications your doctor prescribes. Inside you'll discover * generic and brand-name listings that can help you save money* What each drug is for, and how it works* usual dosages, and what to do if a dose is skipped* side effects and possible adverse reactions, highlighted for quick reference* interactions with other drugs and food* overdose and addiction potential* alcohol-free and sugar-free medications* the most popular self-injected medications and their safe handling* information for seniors, pregnant and breast-feeding women, children, and others with special needs* cautions and warnings, and when to call your doctor* 32 pages of actual-size color photographs of prescription pills* No home should be without this book!*Not all ereading devices will show the images in color and at the exact size.
America's Most Reliable Vitamin Guide. . . Completely Updated! We've all heard about the miraculous curative and preventive powers of vitamins, minerals, and herbal remedies. Now the new, revised The Vitamin Book, compiled by pharmacological experts, cuts through the confusion so you learn what to take and why. Here is authoritative and up-to-date scientific information on exactly what vitamins, minerals, and herbal remedies can do for you. You'll find: Detailed descriptions of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, and electrolytes, including daily requirements, dosages, therapeutic uses, and more The latest research on St. John's wort, echinacea, CoQ10, DHEA, and other popular herbal and dietary supplements An essential guide to brand-name multivitamins found in your supermarket or health food store Specific recommendations for children, athletes, seniors, and pregnant or postmenopausal women Guidelines for safe supplement use, including megadosing and critical drug interactions The nutrient content of hundreds of common foods, including popular fast foods How computer programs can monitor your vitamin and mineral intake And much, much more
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.