- Table View
- List View
THE CONSUMER'S GUIDE TO PILLS--COMPLETELY REVISED 14th EDITION FOR 2010 WITH MORE THAN 20 IMPORTANT NEW DRUGS AND DOZENS OF NEW BRAND NAMES For more than three decades, millions of consumers have trusted The Pill Book to provide official, FDA-approved information on more than 1,800 of the most commonly prescribed drugs in the United States with guidelines from leading pharmacists. Each drug is profiled in a concise, readable, easy-to-understand entry, making The Pill Book the perfect reference when you have questions about the medications your doctor prescribes. Inside you'll discover * generic and brand-name listings that can help you save money* What each drug is for, and how it works* usual dosages, and what to do if a dose is skipped* side effects and possible adverse reactions, highlighted for quick reference* interactions with other drugs and food* overdose and addiction potential* alcohol-free and sugar-free medications* the most popular self-injected medications and their safe handling* information for seniors, pregnant and breast-feeding women, children, and others with special needs* cautions and warnings, and when to call your doctor* 32 pages of actual-size color photographs of prescription pills* No home should be without this book!*Not all ereading devices will show the images in color and at the exact size.
America's Most Reliable Vitamin Guide. . . Completely Updated! We've all heard about the miraculous curative and preventive powers of vitamins, minerals, and herbal remedies. Now the new, revised The Vitamin Book, compiled by pharmacological experts, cuts through the confusion so you learn what to take and why. Here is authoritative and up-to-date scientific information on exactly what vitamins, minerals, and herbal remedies can do for you. You'll find: Detailed descriptions of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, and electrolytes, including daily requirements, dosages, therapeutic uses, and more The latest research on St. John's wort, echinacea, CoQ10, DHEA, and other popular herbal and dietary supplements An essential guide to brand-name multivitamins found in your supermarket or health food store Specific recommendations for children, athletes, seniors, and pregnant or postmenopausal women Guidelines for safe supplement use, including megadosing and critical drug interactions The nutrient content of hundreds of common foods, including popular fast foods How computer programs can monitor your vitamin and mineral intake And much, much more
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.