- Table View
- List View
A Girl's Guide to Growing Up. Being a girl is a lot of fun most of the time. But some days are really difficult. Dealing with a body that is changing before everyone's eyes, increasing amounts of schoolwork, boys, other girls, friends, makeup, clothing, parents. Wow! Life as a preteen or early-teen girl is tough, and that's why every girl has questions about growing up. Fortunately, now you have some help. Girls: What's So Bad About Being Good? is your new guide to surviving those trying times and feeling good about yourself in the end. Inside, a mom and her daughter--who's about the same age as you--team up to help you figure out what's really important in life and how you can become the person you want to be. You'll find some great ways to handle emotional issues and deal with daily crises as you discover how to:·Develop a positive self-image ·Maintain healthy relationships with parents, friends, and boys ·Deal with peer pressure, bullies, brats, and violence ·Dream big and turn those dreams into reality! ·And so much more! "A lively, relevant, and valuable resource that can not only empower but also help girls keep open the lines of communication with the important adults in their lives." --Marty Evans, national executive director, Girl Scouts of the USA "A great book for preteen girls! The best of both worlds with the smarts of a mom and a daughter!" --Karen Bokram, editor in chief, Girls' Life magazine (From the Trade Paperback edition.)
This easy-to-use resource for Girl Scouts and Brownies helps give ideas on earning badges. The activities listed in this book are great fun to do on your own or with friends. This book also helps girls be resourceful out in nature. The Safety section offers many good ideas including teaching skills for an emergency like fire or if a person is choking.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.