- Table View
- List View
This single volume does what most libraries cannot-- it places at your fingertips the whole spectrum of individuals, traditions, institutions, denominations, events, and ideas that have influenced North American religion and culture.
Margaret must test her loyalty and courage when a wounded prisoner of war is brought into her Pennsylvania home in this novel of the Revolutionary era.
Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758) is early Americas greatest theologian and philosopher, yet six decades have passed since an authoritative anthology of his writings has appeared to guide the reader through his voluminous works. This book is a new and comprehensive collection of selected compositions by Edwards. Providing excerpts not only from many of his most famous published writings but also from previously unpublished works, it will be essential reading for scholars, students, and all those interested in early American history and religion.The selections are divided into two major categories. The first deals with the "public" Edwards and traces the development of his thinking from his earliest days as a Yale student to the end of his life and ministry. These writings consist of treatises and sermons he published, including Faithful Narrative, Religious Affections, and Freedom of the Will, as well as the notes that remained in manuscript until after his death, most importantly the "Miscellanies," Edwardss main series of theological entries. The second category provides details of the "personal" Edwards as revealed in autobiographical writings and in correspondence and family papers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.