- Table View
- List View
A Clear overview of the health care industry and the issues that confront it.A college textbook.
Health Care USA, Seventh Edition, Offers Students Of Health Administration, Medicine, Public Health, And Related Fields The Most Comprehensive Overview Of America's Health Care System Under A Single Cover. Combining Historical Perspective With Analysis Of Modern Trends, This Expanded Edition Charts The Evolution Of Modern American Health Care, Providing A Complete Examination Of Its Organization And Delivery While Offering Critical Insight Into The Issues That The U. S. Health System Faces Today. From A Physician-Dominated System To One Defined By Managed Care And Increasingly Sophisticated Technology, This Essential Text Explains The Transformation Underway And The Professional, Political, Social, And Economic Forces That Guide It Today And Will In The Future. Exhaustive In Breadth And Balanced In Perspective, Health Care USA, Seventh Edition, Provides Students With A Clearly Organized, Straightforward Illustration Of The Complex Structures, Relationships And Processes Of This Rapidly Growing, $2. 5 Trillion Industry. The Seventh Edition Has Been Thoroughly Revised To Reflect Recent Developments In This Dynamic Industry. The Latest Edition Features: - A Comprehensive Overview Of The Complex And Evolving U. S. Health Care System, Plus Revised Data, Material And Analysis Throughout. - The Latest Benchmark Developments In Health Care, Including The Response Of Public Health To Swine Flu And The Obama Administration's Health Care Reform. - A Look At The Recent Recession's Effects On Hospital Finances. - New Projections And Data Trends On The Country's Health Care Spending. - A Forward-Looking Perspective On The Future Of The U. S. Health Care System.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.