- Table View
- List View
Discover why routers in the Juniper MX Series, with their advanced feature sets and record breaking scale, are so popular among enterprises and network service providers. This authoritative book shows you step-by-step how to implement high-density, high-speed Layer 2 and Layer 3 Ethernet services, using Router Engine DDoS Protection, Multi-chassis LAG, Inline NAT, IPFLOW, and many other Juniper MX features. Written by Juniper Network engineers, each chapter covers a specific Juniper MX vertical and includes review questions to help you test what you learn. Delve into the Juniper MX architecture, including the next generation Junos Trio chipset Explore Juniper MX's bridging, VLAN mapping, and support for thousands of virtual switches Add an extra layer of security by combining Junos DDoS protection with firewall filters Create a firewall filter framework that only applies filters specific to your network Discover the advantages of hierarchical scheduling Combine Juniper MX routers, using a virtual chassis or Multi-chassis LAG Install network services such as Network Address Translation (NAT) inside the Trio chipset Examine Junos high availability features and protocols on Juniper MX "For the no-nonsense engineer who likes to get down to it, The Juniper MX Series targets both service providers and enterprises with an illustrative style supported by diagrams, tables, code blocks, and CLI output. Readers will discover features they didn't know about before and can't resist putting them into production." --Ethan Banks, CCIE #20655, Packet Pushers Podcast Host
Written by the instructors and creators of the JNTCP-ER Certification Exams, JUNOS Enterprise Routing is the only comprehensive book for Juniper enterprise and edge routing environments. It offers complete coverage of all the services available to the JUNOS administrator, including JUNOS Enhanced Services (ES). This book is the official study guide for all three Juniper Enterprise Routing certification exams, and is highly recommended reading to pass the exams. With its field-guide emphasis on practical solutions, you can easily take the book beyond the classroom and into working networks as a design, maintenance, and troubleshooting reference par excellence.JUNOS Enterprise Routing covers all three certification exams in this track: Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-ER) Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS-ER) Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert (JNCIE-ER) With more services such as voice, conference, and multicast on the IP router platform, the market for enterprise routers is growing exponentially, and the need for certified engineers to keep up with network developments in protocols and security is paramount. For everyone who works with Juniper enterprise and edge routing environments, this is a must-have book.
Considered the go-to study guide for Juniper Networks enterprise routing certification exams, this book offers you unparalleled coverage of all the services available to Junos administrators--including the most recent set of flow-based security services and design guidelines that incorporate services and features of the MX, SRX, and EX network devices. Its emphasis on practical solutions also makes this book an ideal on-the-job reference for design, maintenance, and troubleshooting issues in the enterprise. Simply put, this updated edition is the most comprehensive and authoritative resource for Juniper enterprise and edge routing environments you will find. Topics include: Design guidelines for the entire Juniper enterprise router lineup (M-series, MX Mid-Range series, and SRX) Junos interfaces, with advanced troubleshooting techniques The IGP and BGP routing protocols and the implementation of routing policies Security concepts, and the tools to deploy them Layer 2 services, IP Class of Service, and IP Multicast with working case studies of each Coverage of flow-based Junos security services
JUNOS Enterprise Switching is the only detailed technical book on Juniper Networks' new Ethernet-switching EX product platform. With this book, you'll learn all about the hardware and ASIC design prowess of the EX platform, as well as the JUNOS Software that powers it. Not only is this extremely practical book a useful, hands-on manual to the EX platform, it also makes an excellent study guide for certification exams in the JNTCP enterprise tracks. The authors have based JUNOS Enterprise Switching on their own Juniper training practices and programs, as well as the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting guidelines they created for their bestselling companion book, JUNOS Enterprise Routing. Using a mix of test cases, case studies, use cases, and tangential answers to real-world problems, this book covers:Enterprise switching and virtual LANs (VLANs) The Spanning tree protocol and why it's needed Inter-VLAN routing, including route tables and preferences Routing policy and firewall filters Switching security, such as DHCP snooping Telephony integration, including VLAN voice Part of the Juniper Networks Technical Library, JUNOS Enterprise Switching provides all-inclusive coverage of the Juniper Networks EX product platform, including architecture and packet flow, management options, user interface options, and complete details on JUNOS switch deployment.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.