- Table View
- List View
This code-based instruction manual for electricians, apprentices and electrical system designers provides detailed instructions for performing common trade tasks on commercial projects. Beginning with a review of theoretical concepts and safety procedures, the volume covers such topics as tools, blueprint reading, specifications and codes, wiring methods, conductors, over-current protections, grounding, branch circuits and feeders. Special topics such as motors, emergency power systems, hazardous location work and outdoor wiring are also discussed along with general maintenance and troubleshooting. Chapters include full color photographs and detailed illustrations and diagrams. Holzman is a master electrician licensed in several states.
Modern Residential Wiring provides essential information about the tools, materials, equipment, and processes encountered in the electrical trade. The 2008 edition of this comprehensive textbook includes the latest information on installation and repair techniques, as well as recentdevelopments in wiring systems, personal protection equipment, and computer wiring. References to the 2008 National Electrical CodeRG are made throughout this text to reinforce the importance of installing residential wiring in a safe and professional manner. Apprentices, vocational students, andanyone interested in electrical wiring will find Modern Residential Wiring a valuable aid in learning how electrical systems are designed, installed, and maintained. Experienced electricians who want to review basic wiring techniques or study the recent developments in the electrical field will alsofind this book helpful. Based on the 2008 National Electrical CodeRG.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.