- Table View
- List View
USA Today bestselling author Lorraine Heath spins a passionate tale of love lost and found in a small Texas town. When Kelley Spencer moves back to her hometown of Hopeful with her sister, she hopes desperately to protect sixteen-year-old Madison from the trouble that seemed to find her in Dallas. Almost immediately, a brush with the law reveals that the police chief is none other than Jack Morgan -- the man who broke Kelley's heart many years before. He's the last man she thought she'd find still living in Hopeful...and the only man she's ever loved. Jack Morgan wants nothing more than a second chance with Kelley Spencer -- and he's not shy about showing it. Their love might have been doomed all those years ago, but nothing's stopping him now. That is, nothing but Kelley's dark secret that might drive Jack to leave her again...this time forever.
Composer of more than 100 jazz pieces, three-time Grammy nominee, and performer on more than 125 albums, Jimmy Heath has earned a place of honor in the history of jazz. Over his long career, Heath knew many jazz giants such as Charlie Parker and played with other innovators including John Coltrane, Miles Davis, and especially Dizzy Gillespie. Heath also won their respect and friendship. In this extraordinary autobiography, the legendary Heath creates a "dialogue" with musicians and family members. As in jazz, where improvisation by one performer prompts another to riff on the same theme, I Walked with Giants juxtaposes Heath's account of his life and career with recollections from jazz giants about life on the road and making music on the world's stages. His memories of playing with his equally legendary brothers Percy and Albert (aka "Tootie") dovetail with their recollections. Heath reminisces about a South Philadelphia home filled with music and a close-knit family that hosted musicians performing in the city's then thriving jazz scene. Milt Jackson recalls, "I went to their house for dinner...Jimmy's father put Charlie Parker records on and told everybody that we had to be quiet till dinner because he had Bird on.... When I [went] to Philly, I'd always go to their house. " Today Heath performs, composes, and works as a music educator and arranger. By turns funny, poignant, and extremely candid, Heath's story captures the rhythms of a life in jazz.
Those deep-brimmed Stetsons. Those faded jeans. Cowboys are everything a fantasy man should be--tall, tough, and oh so handsome. In these sexy stories, meet three men of the American West who know a thing or two about roping a girl's heart. . . "The Reluctant Hero," Lorraine HeathSheriff Matthew Knight is the perfect hero for Andrea's next novel. But the outlaw-busting man behind the badge is more complicated than she bargained for. What's a writer to do when she needs a story--or maybe the question is what won't she do?"The Great Cowboy Race," Georgina GentryBoston heiress Henrietta never imagined she would race a horse one thousand miles disguised as a boy--or that she'd have to escape an arranged marriage to expert rider Comanche Jones. "Whispering by Moonlight," Teresa Bodwell Stranded and penniless in a town called Hell Gate, Isabelle has run out of options when gorgeous Lucas Warring rides in like an answered prayer. Willing to do anything, she hires on as his ranch hand during one of the coldest winters ever--and discovers plenty of ways they can keep each other warm. The West has never been wilder. . . Lorraine Heathis a Waldenbooks and USA Today bestselling author, especially known for her emotionally rich and unforgettable historical romances set in Texas. She is a RITA Award winner from Romance Writers of America and has received a Career Achievement award from Romantic Times. In addition to romance, she writes young adult fiction under her own name and the pseudonym Rachel Hawthorne. She lives in Plano, Texas.
USA Today bestselling author Lorraine Heath pens the simmering story of two star-crossed souls who find a passionate love under the expansive Texas sky. Serena Hamilton has never had a one-night stand, but the supreme loneliness she feels after the loss of her husband drives her to a bar and into the arms of a sexy stranger. Afterward, she's racked by guilt...or at least she knows she should be. But there's something about her one-time lover that makes her think they may share more than just out-of-control chemistry. Hunter Fletcher isn't a commitment kind of guy, but the woman he meets at the honky-tonk stirs a new kind of longing. A covert operative for the CIA, Hunter carries his share of secrets. But when they intersect with Serena's tragic past, he fears she won't want to know the truth...or that once she does, the only woman he's ever loved will leave him forever.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.