- Table View
- List View
"These stories made my heart smile." -Catherine Oxenberg, actress It will change your life forever. Although you undoubtedly heard those six words many times after announcing that you were expecting, you couldn't have imagined what they really meant. And then the moment came. You held your baby in your arms and felt an outpouring of emotion like you had never known before. And just like they said, nothing was ever the same. Motherhood is a lifelong journey that's as unique as every woman who embarks on it. No other role defines us as deeply and fills us with as much compassion, or tests our strength and patience more extremely! No other relationship fills our hearts with as much love, wonder and awe for another human being. Although motherhood is a timeless calling, today's moms have unique challenges and rewards. In this book you'll learn from other mothers and seasoned grandmothers who share the universal worries, the tears and the laughs that come with the job, as well as the wisdom to help you be the very best mom you can be. These stories are for every mom, whether you're an expectant or an adoptive mom, a stay-at-home or working mom, or a grandmother watching your grandchildren grow. Share this book with any mom to remind her of the profound role she will forever play in her child's life.
Chicken Soup For The Soul: Children With Special Needs: Stories Of Love And Understanding For Those Who Care For Children With Disabilitiesby Mark Victor Hansen Jack L. Canfield Heather Mcnamara Karen Simmons
'These powerful heart-rending stories are filled with honesty, humor, hope and offer inspiration to parents, teachers, and anyone else who cares for children with special needs. By embracing the magnificence, inner peace, and beauty each child possess, our own attitudes are shifted from despair to promise. ' Gerold G Jampolsky, M. D. , Founder of International Center of Attitudinal Healing, Sausalito , California. Raising a child with special needs is a lifelong commitment that is as unique as each person who embarks on it. Written by a variety of authors who share in this distinctive relationship, "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Children with Special Needs" offers a glimpse into the lives of others who are on a similar path. These stories provide insight, comfort, and connection with others who have walked this powerful and transformational journey. The authors of these candid stories relate their own experiences of adjusting, reaching out, and flourishing and share their universal worries, their tears, and the laughter that come with this extraordinary relationship. Most important, through these stories, you will be guided with the wisdom of fellow parents, caregivers, and those with special needs to help you be the very best parent or caregiver you can be.
For younger sisters who look up to an older one, older siblings who tolerate a younger sister tagging along, or the brother who knows full well that girls can wrestle as well as any boy can, this book celebrates the sisters in our lives.
This book emphasizes triumph in the face of overwhelming odds. A timeless testament to the indomitable human spirit, this collection is sure to encourage, support, comfort and, most of all, inspire all readers for years to come.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.