- Table View
- List View
The Centrosome: Cell and Molecular Mechanisms of Functions and Dysfunctions in Disease includes chapters on classic and modern aspects of centrosome research to cover topics of current interest that have not been covered in depth in most books on the market so far. It extends on previous topics and includes new exciting aspects of centrosome research focused on primary cilia and their dysfunctions that are implicated in numerous diseases. Each chapter will be written by experts in their fields who will contribute their unique expertise in specific research fields and include cell and molecular details that are important for the specific subtopics. The book will be comprehensive, concise and will include reviews of key topics in the field. Cutting edge new information will be balanced with background information that will be readily understandable for the newcomer and the experienced centrosome researcher alike.
For volume 2 alone: A gold-standard collection of readily reproducible techniques for the molecular and genetic analysis of germ cells in a variety of different reproductive systems. Volume 2: Molecular Embryo Analysis, Live Imaging, Transgenesis, and Cloning focuses on molecular egg analysis, live egg imaging, nuclear cloning, oocyte cryopreservation, and nuclear transfer. Highlights include the identification and characterization of Oct-4, germline chromatin silencing by RNAi, cDNA subtraction and cloning in the field of trophoblast/placental development, and selective ablation. Each readily reproducible protocol is described in step-by-step detail and contains an introduction outlining the principle behind the technique, lists of equipment and reagents, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Germ Cell Protocols offers both novice and established researchers a gold-standard collection of hard-to-find methods of high impact research, diverse procedures that are easy-to-follow, well-illustrated, and allow a cross-species transfer of knowledge from lower vertebrates to higher mammalian systems. For both volumes: A gold-standard collection of readily reproducible techniques for the molecular and genetic analysis of germ cells in a variety of different reproductive systems. The methods cover sperm and egg activation, motility, fertilization, nuclear development, nuclear cloning, the molecular characterization of specific events, and the imaging of cell structures. Volume 1: Sperm and Oocyte Analysis focuses on sperm cells, oocyte analysis, oocyte maturation, fertilization, and preparation techniques. Volume 2: Molecular Embryo Analysis, Live Imaging, Transgenesis, and Cloning contains methods for molecular egg analysis, live egg imaging, nuclear cloning, oocyte preservation, and nuclear transfer. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Germ Cell Protocols offers both novice and established researchers a gold-standard collection of hard-to-find methods of high impact research, diverse procedures that are easy-to-follow, well-illustrated, and allow a cross-species transfer of knowledge from lower vertebrates to higher mammalian systems.
This book presents detailed methods on a variety of aspects of Salmonella research, focusing on those which provide landmarks for future discovery. It is the first comprehensive volume of methods and protocols for studying Salmonella and will be indispensable to researchers engaged in the study of Salmonella, and enterobacteria in general. Each chapter provides a short overview of the topic, followed by detailed explanations of techniques.
Recent developments in scanning electron microscopy (SEM) have resulted in a wealth of new applications for cell and molecular biology, as well as related biological disciplines. It is now possible to analyze macromolecular complexes within their three-dimensional cellular microenvironment in near native states at high resolution, and to identify specific molecules and their structural and molecular interactions. New approaches include cryo-SEM applications and environmental SEM (ESEM), staining techniques and processing applications combining embedding and resin-extraction for imaging with high resolution SEM, and advances in immuno-labeling. New developments include helium ion microscopy, automated block-face imaging combined with serial sectioning inside an SEM chamber, and Focused Ion Beam Milling (FIB) combined with block-face SEM. With chapters written by experts, this guide gives an overview of SEM and sample processing for SEM, and highlights several advances in cell and molecular biology that greatly benefited from using conventional, cryo, immuno, and high-resolution SEM.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.