- Table View
- List View
Put Your Heart On Paper is filled with the inspiring true stories of what happens when people write from their hearts: the shared insights, the new beginnings, the dreams that miraculously come true. In 50 provocative short chapters, acclaimed author Henriette Klauser shows the power of the written word in everyday life -- bringing together parents and children, strengthening personal bonds, mending hurt feelings, solving problems, sharing joys, preserving family history -- and offers tools and tips to get you started right away. Putting your heart on paper does not require special talent, a lot of time or training. All you need is a willingness to be yourself and to be open with others. Nauser's energizing examples show how to get going and keep going past the fear and doubt -- and offer dozens of ideas to try. From a note tucked in a lunchbox to an interactive journal, from love letters to apologies to a three-minute poem, Put Your Heart On Paper shows us how to find a direct line from our deepest thoughts to another's heart.(From the Trade Paperback edition.)
In moments of grief or loss, we often turn to the written word to say what cannot be said aloud. Indeed, directing sadness, rage, or confusion at the page can be tremendously cathartic and liberating. As we express our deepest feelings without reserve in poetry or prose, we feel the power of our words begin to draw out some of the pain in our hearts and replace it with hope. But fears about writing honestly and self-criticism can stand in the way of making use of this powerful therapeutic tool. With Pen in Hand is an inspirational and practical guide to breaking through these roadblocks and to helping one "write to heal. " Outlining writing techniques that are best for working through pain and for privately collecting raw emotions--"Writing a Letter of Goodbye," "Interviewing Your Body," "Rapid-Writing," and more--Henriette Klauser shares stories and tips that will help readers gain comfort from what they commit to paper. For the accomplished writer and non-writer alike, With Pen in Hand will help one make use of the kind of expression that in the aftermath of a crisis or loss, can make one whole again.
Turn your dreams into reality by taking matters into your own hands. In Write It Down, Make It Happen, Henriette Anne Klauser, Ph. D. , explains how simply writing down your goals in life is the first step toward achieving them. Writing can even help you understand what you want. In this book, you will read stories about ordinary people who witnessed miracles large and small unfold in their lives after they performed the basic act of putting their dreams on paper. Klauser's down-to-earth tips and easy exercises are sure to get your creative juices flowing. Before you know it, you'll be writing your own ticket to success. You Can Find the perfect mate Buy your dream house Get a great new job Wake up happier Travel the world Have a better relationship with your teenage son
Some people keep journals, some jot down ideas on napkins and some scribble it down on any scrap of paper they find near at hand. Writing down what you want to do is one of the keys to success. The author of this insightful book states that in order to begin climbing the ladder of success, you should write down even those ambitions which have no practical means of accomplishment. The more attractive you make your ambition, the more others will want to play along to make your dream a reality. So appear on TV and give yourself permission to be totally unrealistic; conjure up dreams that if money were no object and time were not a factor you would definitely want to achieve. By the time you have finished reading this book and doing the exercises, you will know how to write it down and make it happen in your own life!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.