- Table View
- List View
The seventh edition of Roberts and Jacobs, "Literature: An Introduction to Reading and Writing," offers the most comprehensive and integrated coverage of writing about literature and contains more student essays than any other text. WRITING ABOUT LITERATURE: Integrated coverage of writing about each of the elements in EVERY chapter STUDENT ESSAYS: 34 student essays with at least one per chapter and includes a fully documented research paper RESEARCH: Extensive coverage of the research process, documentation, and strategies within the text, as well as access to Research Navigator, a new resource providing extensive help on the research process and three databases of relevant and reliable source material at www.researchnavig4tor.com. ART: The seventh edition also includes three NEW inserts of FOUR-COLOR FINE ART! Get your students engaged with literature through www.prenhall.com/roberts with interactive activities, researched author links, videos of author interviews (Stephen Dunn, Rita Dove, Alberto Rios), additional contextual information, and much more.
Complete coverage of writing about fiction, poetry, and drama and a total of 32 student essays with accompanying commentary ensure student comprehension of writing about literature, which helps students produce better papers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.