- Table View
- List View
1498. Sebastian Cabot age fifteen, can only wait and wonder. His famous father has abandoned him at home in Bristol, England, but has taken the boy's older and younger brothers, Ludovico and Sancio, on his second voyage in search of the Asian mainland. On his first journey, sailing north across the Western Ocean in 1497, John Cabot had discovered the New Found Land. He returned to England a hero. Five years earlier, Spain had given Christopher Columbus a similar welcome. He had found Asia, he claimed. And by a southern route. Cabot was skeptical and set out to the north again to prove his old friend a fraud. But silence followed. Now, Sebastian and history are confronted with a tantalizing mystery. What has become of Cabot's second endeavor? Letters to the boy from fourteen-year-old Sancio tell of a fearsome storm and its aftermath. They, and the surprising climax to Sebastian's and Sancio's shared story, make for unforgettable voyaging.
IS A SERIAL KILLER LOOSE IN JULIAN... OR SOMETHING FAR MORE SINISTER? Two young women have been savagely murdered in the sleepy little town of Julian, California. Cyrus "Moondog" Nygerski, part-time newspaper columnist and full-time local eccentric, notices frightening similarities between the two deaths -- including the fact that both occurred under a full moon. Joe Acton, new in town and determined to maintain a low profile after a youthful life of petty crime, is initially skeptical of Moondog's theory of a werewolf on the prowl, but gradually he becomes a reluctant ally in Moondog's desperate quest to track down the beast before it's too late. With the next full moon coinciding with Julian's gala Halloween celebration, time is running out -- for Julian, and perhaps for Moondog as well.
What do baseball, werewolves, and time travel have in common? Cyrus Nygerski knows a thing or two about baseball. But what he doesn't know is that asking Cassandra Paine to a historic 1967 Red Sox-White Sox game will be only the first of several spectacular events of his summer. For one thing, Cassandra is a werewolf and for another, Nygerski is destined to collide with her not once, but twice. Each time, Nygerski discovers, Cassandra's running away from a murder. Cassandra can foresee the future, but she cannot alter the past -- and it is that which freewheels both she and Nygerski into a whirlwind of suspense, baseball, and danger, in an alternate, nonlinear time line that saves Cassandra from her nightmare and hands Nygerski his dream...
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.