- Table View
- List View
Join nine-year-old Hubaldo Romero Páez in Venezuela as he introduces his friends, his family, and his favorite sport -- baseball. Complemented by a map and an English-Spanish baseball glossary, Hubaldo's story is an inviting introduction to a foreign land viewed through the lens of a shared passion.
Hubaldo Antonio Romero Páez nos presenta a su familia, a su país y, más importante, a su deporte preferido, el béisbol. El libro consciene una carta y un glosario inglés-espavol sobre el beisbol. [The Spanish-language edition of Baseball in the Barrios. Join nine-year-old Hubaldo Romero Paacute in Venezuela as he introduces his friends, his family, and his favorite sport--baseball. Complemented by a map and an English-Spanish baseball glossary, Hubaldo's story is an inviting introduction to a foreign land viewed through the lens of a shared passion.]
BLACK WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY is a comprehensive instructional book that covers every element of photography. Henry Horenstein's books have been widely used at leading universities, including Parsons School of Design, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and MIT as well as in continuing education programs. Horenstein is a professor at the Rhode Island School of Design. BLACK WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY is a real bargain among photographic how-to books.
Covering everything from choosing the right camera to post production, Horenstein (photography, Rhode Island School of Design) details each step of digital capture in this basic guide. Easily understood but sophisticated in content, this comprehensive manual includes chapters on the uses and advantages of different lens, the basics of lighting, shutter speeds, scanning, editing, and printing as well as solutions for common problems. Gorgeous images by notable photographers and instructional sidebars are included to illustrate the various techniques and tips discussed. The guide is intended for both novice photographers, as well as those transitioning from film to the digital medium. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.