Is the traditional, accepted view of the life of Christ in some way incomplete? * Is it possible Christ did not die on the cross? * Is it possible Jesus was married, a father, and that his bloodline still exists? * Is it possible that parchments found in the South of France a century ago reveal one of the best-kept secrets of Christendom? * Is it possible that these parchments contain the very heart of the mystery of the Holy Grail? According to the authors of this extraordinarily provocative, meticulously researched book, not only are these things possible -- they are probably true! so revolutionary, so original, so convincing, that the most faithful Christians will be moved; here is the book that has sparked worldwide controversey. "Enough to seriously challenge many traditional Christian beliefs, if not alter them. " --Los Angeles Times Book Review "LikeChariots of the Gods?. . . the plot has all the elements of an international thriller. " --Newsweek From the Paperback edition.
From the coauthor of Holy Blood, Holy Grail-a basis for The Da Vinci Code-comes a deeper exploration of the secrets of Rennes-le-Château. In 1982, Henry Lincoln, along with colleagues Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, published Holy Blood, Holy Grail, which became an immediate international bestseller. It investigated Rennes-le-Château, a small town in France where, in the late nineteenth century, Bérenger Saunière's discovery of a series of parchments led in turn to a large but cursed treasure that challenged many traditional Christian beliefs-including the possibility that Jesus's bloodline still exists. The treasure's story moved back through history to the Crusades, the origins of the Knights Templar, and the Virgin Birth itself. While Baigent and Leigh have moved on to different subjects, Lincoln has continued to pursue the mysteries of Rennes-le-Château. Dan Brown's international bestseller The Da Vinci Code-based on Holy Blood, Holy Grail-reignited curiosity about this ancient, powerful town. In The Holy Place, Lincoln reveals through further surveys, decoding, and analysis that this area in southwest France is the site of a vast megalithic Christian masterpiece-a holy place of enormous size and importance.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.