- Table View
- List View
1498. Sebastian Cabot age fifteen, can only wait and wonder. His famous father has abandoned him at home in Bristol, England, but has taken the boy's older and younger brothers, Ludovico and Sancio, on his second voyage in search of the Asian mainland. On his first journey, sailing north across the Western Ocean in 1497, John Cabot had discovered the New Found Land. He returned to England a hero. Five years earlier, Spain had given Christopher Columbus a similar welcome. He had found Asia, he claimed. And by a southern route. Cabot was skeptical and set out to the north again to prove his old friend a fraud. But silence followed. Now, Sebastian and history are confronted with a tantalizing mystery. What has become of Cabot's second endeavor? Letters to the boy from fourteen-year-old Sancio tell of a fearsome storm and its aftermath. They, and the surprising climax to Sebastian's and Sancio's shared story, make for unforgettable voyaging.
IS A SERIAL KILLER LOOSE IN JULIAN... OR SOMETHING FAR MORE SINISTER? Two young women have been savagely murdered in the sleepy little town of Julian, California. Cyrus "Moondog" Nygerski, part-time newspaper columnist and full-time local eccentric, notices frightening similarities between the two deaths -- including the fact that both occurred under a full moon. Joe Acton, new in town and determined to maintain a low profile after a youthful life of petty crime, is initially skeptical of Moondog's theory of a werewolf on the prowl, but gradually he becomes a reluctant ally in Moondog's desperate quest to track down the beast before it's too late. With the next full moon coinciding with Julian's gala Halloween celebration, time is running out -- for Julian, and perhaps for Moondog as well.
What do baseball, werewolves, and time travel have in common? Cyrus Nygerski knows a thing or two about baseball. But what he doesn't know is that asking Cassandra Paine to a historic 1967 Red Sox-White Sox game will be only the first of several spectacular events of his summer. For one thing, Cassandra is a werewolf and for another, Nygerski is destined to collide with her not once, but twice. Each time, Nygerski discovers, Cassandra's running away from a murder. Cassandra can foresee the future, but she cannot alter the past -- and it is that which freewheels both she and Nygerski into a whirlwind of suspense, baseball, and danger, in an alternate, nonlinear time line that saves Cassandra from her nightmare and hands Nygerski his dream...
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.