- Table View
- List View
With the large number of surgical atlases in the market focusing on a variety of surgical procedures, it is almost impossible to find an area that is not comprehensively illustrated. However, almost all of these atlases are very large and serve to be 'library reference' books, which are commonly displayed in the office and utilized in that manner. There is no atlas which is easily transportable, yet one would imagine that every medical student and resident would potentially want a copy of such a title to carry on them at all times. The book aims to cover all facets of general surgery and each chapter has five to ten photographs illustrating the basic anatomical context, as well as the various techniques specific to the operation. Each chapter author provides a brief narrative describing what is going on during the operation, and also outlines common pitfalls and personal suggestions.
How does one become a successful academic surgeon? The Association for Academic Surgery has been teaching this to medical students, residents, and young faculty for the over 20 years and this is the first time the experience and lessons learned have been summarized in a book format. Success in Academic Surgery, Part 1, reinforces the curriculum of the Association for Academic Surgery courses and also provides guidance to individual surgeons who have not had the opportunity to attend these courses. Thus, this book is a valuable reference for medical students, surgical residents, and young surgical faculty.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.