- Table View
- List View
With the large number of surgical atlases in the market focusing on a variety of surgical procedures, it is almost impossible to find an area that is not comprehensively illustrated. However, almost all of these atlases are very large and serve to be 'library reference' books, which are commonly displayed in the office and utilized in that manner. There is no atlas which is easily transportable, yet one would imagine that every medical student and resident would potentially want a copy of such a title to carry on them at all times. The book aims to cover all facets of general surgery and each chapter has five to ten photographs illustrating the basic anatomical context, as well as the various techniques specific to the operation. Each chapter author provides a brief narrative describing what is going on during the operation, and also outlines common pitfalls and personal suggestions.
How does one become a successful academic surgeon? The Association for Academic Surgery has been teaching this to medical students, residents, and young faculty for the over 20 years and this is the first time the experience and lessons learned have been summarized in a book format. Success in Academic Surgery, Part 1, reinforces the curriculum of the Association for Academic Surgery courses and also provides guidance to individual surgeons who have not had the opportunity to attend these courses. Thus, this book is a valuable reference for medical students, surgical residents, and young surgical faculty.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.