- Table View
- List View
This is the 3rd, totally revised edition of a well-known textbook that continues to represent the gold standard in the literature on clinical andrology. It examines in depth all aspects of male reproductive health, encompassing the basic physiology of male reproductive function and a wide range of disorders. Each of the chapters is written by outstanding experts in the field. Among the topics covered are: Testicular function, sperm maturation and fertilization, diagnostic procedures, infertility, primary and secondary hypogonadism, late-onset hypogonadism, erectile dysfunction, genetic disorders, environmental influences, psychology and sexual medicine, testosterone therapy, assisted reproduction: TESE and ICSI, cryopreservation, male contraception and ethics in andrology. This volume will serve as a textbook for the newcomer to andrology, while providing the experienced physician with a valuable reference work. It will appeal to all who are concerned with male reproductive health.
Now in its fourth edition Testosterone: Action, Deficiency, Substitution provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive source of information on testosterone and its role in human physiology and pathology. It covers biosynthesis and mechanisms of action and reviews their effects on brain and behavior, spermatogenesis, hair growth, bones, muscles, erythropoiesis, the cardiovascular system and the prostate. The therapeutic uses of testosterone preparations are carefully evaluated as well as its abuse and detection in competitive sport. This new edition also devotes sections to exploring the effects of testosterone on female physiology and sexual function, and the experimental use of testosterone in male hormonal contraception. Testosterone: Action, Deficiency, Substitution has been written and edited by world experts in the fields of clinical andrology and endocrinology and provides a unique and invaluable guide for andrologists, endocrinologists, urologists, internists and those working in reproductive medicine.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.