- Table View
- List View
The current explosion of new areas of controversy in the treatment of acute lymphocytic leukemia in adults and young adults makes this comprehensive book a much needed reference for hematologists and oncologists. This book assembles leading authorities from around the globe to cover the full spectrum of ALL subtypes and their treatments. Specific topics of discussion include indications for allogeneic bone marrow transplant in first complete remission, the role of minimal residual disease in making treatment decisions, the treatment of young adults, and the treatment of Philadelphia chromosome positive ALL with the advent of the tyrosine kinase inhibitors. This is the first book to focus exclusively on the adult ALL patient. It provides a complete overview of diagnosis, molecular pathogenesis, evaluation, and treatment for this important patient population.
Since the original publication of Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation: Clinical Research and Practice, Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSC) has undergone several fast-paced changes. In this second edition, the editors have focused on topics relevant to evolving knowledge in the field in order to better guide clinicians in decision-making and management of their patients, as well as help lead laboratory investigators in new directions emanating from clinical observations. Some of the most respected clinicians and scientists in this discipline have responded to the recent advances in the field by providing state-of-the-art discussions addressing these topics in the second edition. The text covers the scope of human genomic variation, the methods of HLA typing and interpretation of high-resolution HLA results. Comprehensive and up-to-date, Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation: Clinical Research and Practice, Second Edition offers concise advice on today's best clinical practice and will be of significant benefit to all clinicians and researchers in allogeneic HSC transplantation.
The BMT Data Book is an essential guide to the data, outcome studies and complex decision-making processes involved in blood and marrow stem cell transplantation. Organized according to types of diseases and procedures, it contains more than hundred table
Concise Guide to Hematology is highly practical, user-friendly, and will be invaluable to all residents, fellows, and trainees working with hematology patients. Designed to highlight the important basic concepts and diseases throughout the spectrum of hematology, the book has a clear and accessible format and includes simple line figures, algorithms, and key points thoughout. Each chapter begins with an overview and then main concepts are outlined for each disorder and topic covered.Edited by two leading figures in the rapidly evolving field of hematology, this attractively-produced and concise book is an essential guide and ready resource for all those undertaking rotations and examinations in the discipline.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.