- Table View
- List View
WHEN SHE WAS A YOUNG GIRL, Holly Hobbie and her family moved to the country. Their old farmstead seemed to have everything: Wild cats Ducks and geese Buster, the dog A pig named Clark A cow called Tinkerbell A coop full of chickens-- Plus a rooster! AND A pasture A barn Hay Bridles and harnesses. . . EVERYTHING BUT THE HORSE! And a horse was what Holly wanted most of all. Would that one wish ever come true? This irresistible story from the artist's rural childhood is brought poignantly to life in Holly Hobbie's masterful and loving watercolor paintings.
Look carefully. There may be a gem in your garden.For nearly four decades, watercolorist Holly Hobbie has drawn inspiration from the wonders of nature. During one especially hard winter, she found herself imagining the story of a determined toad's spring journey. Her vivid depiction of this endearing creature's glorious yet fragile world is a sparkling celebration of survival and renewal. From the muddy brown road outside a farmhouse to the sweet-smelling garden to the cool lily pads in the pond, readers will feel their senses rejuvenated by Holly Hobbie's gemlike, detailed paintings in this nearly wordless work.
Toot goes to a family reunion in Scotland, promising Puddle that he'll be back in Woodcock Pocket in time for Christmas. However a huge snowstorm strands him far away from home on Christmas Eve. Full-color illustrations.
Celebrate the last book in the beloved series with a Christmas story about the gift of friendship and free limited edition Christmas ornaments. With a nod to previous books in the Toot & Puddle series, Holly Hobbie, shows readers that the best kind of present for the best kind of friend is one that shows just how much you care.
Opal's new friend Daphne seems to be the best at everything she does, but Toot and Puddle see another side of her.
Exquisite watercolors enhance this charming tale of two friends who are different in many ways yet alike in their devotion to each other.
It's a glorious day in Woodcock Pocket. The sun is shining, the birds are singing . . . and Toot is moping.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.