- Table View
- List View
WHEN SHE WAS A YOUNG GIRL, Holly Hobbie and her family moved to the country. Their old farmstead seemed to have everything: Wild cats Ducks and geese Buster, the dog A pig named Clark A cow called Tinkerbell A coop full of chickens-- Plus a rooster! AND A pasture A barn Hay Bridles and harnesses. . . EVERYTHING BUT THE HORSE! And a horse was what Holly wanted most of all. Would that one wish ever come true? This irresistible story from the artist's rural childhood is brought poignantly to life in Holly Hobbie's masterful and loving watercolor paintings.
Look carefully. There may be a gem in your garden.For nearly four decades, watercolorist Holly Hobbie has drawn inspiration from the wonders of nature. During one especially hard winter, she found herself imagining the story of a determined toad's spring journey. Her vivid depiction of this endearing creature's glorious yet fragile world is a sparkling celebration of survival and renewal. From the muddy brown road outside a farmhouse to the sweet-smelling garden to the cool lily pads in the pond, readers will feel their senses rejuvenated by Holly Hobbie's gemlike, detailed paintings in this nearly wordless work.
Toot goes to a family reunion in Scotland, promising Puddle that he'll be back in Woodcock Pocket in time for Christmas. However a huge snowstorm strands him far away from home on Christmas Eve. Full-color illustrations.
Exquisite watercolors enhance this charming tale of two friends who are different in many ways yet alike in their devotion to each other.
It's a glorious day in Woodcock Pocket. The sun is shining, the birds are singing . . . and Toot is moping. So, Puddle makes Toot's favorite dessert at dinnertime, takes him out for a little adventure, and even throws a party, but nothing seems to cheer up his friend. Then a big thunderstorm with lots of mud rocks Woodcock Pocket and changes everything. With light-hearted humor and exquisitely detailed watercolor paintings, Holly Hobbie tells the story of two pigs and their enduring friendship.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.