And You Thought Getting into College Was Hard... Students who assume they can figure out college on the fly often learn things the hard way--they look back and think, "If only I'd known this from the start!" College Rules! will save you the time and trouble, setting you up for academic success from the get-go. Lesson #1: College is different from high school, and even those who were at the top of their class will need practical advice on how to successfully transition to college life. This updated and expanded third edition of College Rules! reveals strategies that aren't taught in lectures, including how to: Study smarter--not harderPlan a manageable course scheduleMaster e-learning technologiesInteract effectively with profsBecome a research pro--at the library and onlineOrganize killer study groupsFeel engaged--even in "yawn" coursesSurvive the stresses of exam weekSucceed even as an alternative or adult studentSet yourself up for stellar recommendations Saving time, energy, and aggravation by doing everything right the first time will free you up for that pizza break, ultimate frisbee game, or ski trip even quicker. Why? Because College Rules!
This updated classic gives students the tools they need to successfully transition from high school to college, avoid rookie mistakes, and set themselves up for academic success from day one. College can be the most exciting time in your life, but it also throws you into the deep end, with new academic and social responsibilities often seeming impossible to juggle. College Rules! will save you time and trouble, setting you up for academic success from the get-go. Whether you're graduating at the top of your high school class or returning to college as an adult, this updated and expanded edition offers practical advice on how to successfully transition into college. Including tips and strategies that won't ever be taught in lectures, you'll learn how to:- Study smarter--not harder- Use technology in the classroom- Choose an app for every occasion- Excel at time management [Read: Balance homework and parties]- Stay motivated--even in those "yawn" classes- Plan a manageable course schedule- Interact effectively with profs- Become a research ace--online and at the library- Survive the stress of exam week- Set yourself up for stellar recommendations With sad but true stories that teach tough lessons the easy way and inside scoops that provide advice based on actual research, College Rules! will help you make the most of your college years.From the Trade Paperback edition.
This book teaches students the skills and strategies that will enable them to be lifelong learners capable of knowing how to approach new and challenging material in college and beyond.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.