- Table View
- List View
The literary framework of the Elements of Literature program and developed instructional materials for the elements of drama, poetry, and fiction, respectively. Robert Probst established the pedagogical focus for the 1997 edition, and he developed and evaluated preselection and postselection material. Judith L. Irvin established the conceptual basis for the vocabulary and reading strands in the pupil's editions for grades 6--8.
This edition helps students to achieve five major goals: reading, literature, writing, listening and speaking, and research.
The book helps the student become an effective writer. In this book, the student learns to identify and write for a variety of audiences and learns how to insert elements from the writing process to inform the reader.
This edition helps student master South Carolina's academic standards. The Program contains Reading Goal (R)- The student will draw upon a variety of strategies to comprehend, interpret, analyze, and evaluate what the student reads; Communication Goal (C)-The student will recognize, demonstrate, and analyze the qualities of effective communication; Research Goal (RS)-The student will access and use information from a variety of appropriately selected sources to extend his or her knowledge.
The following chart lists Ohio's Academic Content Standards for language arts and the grade-level indicators for grade 6.The numbered indicators summarize what you should be able to do by the end of your sixth-grade year. Each indicator appears in the left column in a yellow box, followed by an explanation of the indicator. In the right column are examples of how Elements of Literature helps you master the standards.
The Holt Reader is designed to accompany Elements of Literature, Sixth Course. Like Elements of Literature, its purpose is to help one interact with the selections and master language arts skills.
Helps 8th grade students master the required standards of Literature. It gives guidelines on taking and writing tests, revising and essay writing and also. It also contains additional literacy selections.
Literature book for the 12th grade.
The Elements Of Literature, Third Course contains collections of short stories, nonfiction, poetry, and guidance to improving reading skills and also a language handbook.
Discover more about the stories, poems, and essays in Elements of Literature by logging on to the Internet. At go.hrw.com we help complete your homework assignments, learn more about your favorite writers, and find facts that support your ideas and inspire you with new ones.
Literature textbook for 9th graders.
Reading is an interactive process. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. This book is designed to do just that--help you interact with the selections you read by marking them up, asking your own questions, taking notes, recording your own ideas, and responding to the questions of others.
Literature textbook for children in Illinois.
This book offers a wide range of activities to help students improve on their geometry skills.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.