Homemade Quirk is a cozy little community for do-it-yourself adventurers to share stories and ideas and meet new friends. We offer crafting advice for repurposing old books. We put booze in our ice-cream cakes. We promulgate our love of bacon. We give away cool stuff and much, much more.This holiday season we invite you to D.I.Y. your way through your gift- giving list. Here we've rounded up some of the best crafts and baked goods that Quirk Books has to offer. So if you have special people on your list who appreciate cute and quirky items and edibles, use this guide to create one-of-a-kind presents that will show them just how well you know them and just how much you care.If you want to share your creations or are just looking for more original D.I.Y. projects, join us and our fun friends at Homemade Quirk online.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.