- Table View
- List View
Advances in Stem Cell Research discusses recent advances in stem cell science, including therapeutic applications. This volume covers such topics as biomanufacturing iPS cells for therapeutic applications, techniques for controlling stem cell fate decisions, as well as current basic research in such areas as germ line stem cells, genomics and proteomics in stem cell research. It is a useful book for biology and clinical scientists, especially young investigators and stem cell biology students who are newly entering the world of stem cells research. The editors hope that the new knowledge and research outlined in this book will help contribute to new therapies for a wide variety of diseases that presently afflict humanity.
Therapeutic applications within regenerative biomedicine has gained tremendous interest from a growing, multidisciplinary community of investigators in recent years, driven by the hope of finding cures for several diseases. Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapy discusses cutting-edge science in the field of regenerative biomedicine and its therapeutic applications to various medical disorders. The chapters are written by renowned scientists in the specific fields. This will be a useful book for basic and clinical scientists, especially young investigators and stem cell biology students who are newly entering the world of stem cells research. The editors' goal is that the new knowledge and research outlined in this book will help contribute to new therapies for a wide variety of diseases that presently afflict humanity.
The study of stem cell research has recently gained the attention from a growing, multidisciplinary community of scientists; this exponential growth of interest is driven by the hope of discovering cures for several diseases through transplantation medicine. Trends in Stem Cells Biology and Technology aptly serves this developing community as it reveals new aspects of stem cell research by specifically covering studies focused on spermatogonial stem cells, uniparental embryonic stem cell lines, the generation of gametes from stem cells, reprogramming germ cells to stem cells, nuclear and somatic cell genetic reprogramming, tissue engineering and mechanotransduction of stem cells and finally the development of stem cell technologies for the treatment of deafness, heart disease, corneal injury and diabetes. With contributions by leading scientists and renowned scholars, Trends in Stem Cells Biology and Technology offers a wide audience cutting edge information at a crucial time in this ever expanding field.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.