- Table View
- List View
Someone has stolen the Mona Woofa from the Dogopolis Museum of Art and it's up to Art Dog, the mysterious, masked painter, to find the missing masterpiece. With the same high-spirited fun and adventure that have made Mystery on the Docks and Mama Don't Allow such perennially popular stories, Hurd serves up a new action-packed tale to delight young readers.
The wisdom of peace and the absurdity of fighting are demonstrated in seventeen stories and poems by outstanding authors of today such as Jean Fritz, Milton Meltzer, and Nancy Willard.
TOO LOUD! WHAT A RACKET! UNBEARABLE! Why don't you practice outside, dear? Not only Miles' parents, but the whole neighborhood has had enough of Miles' new saxophone! However, when Miles teams up with three other musicians to form the Swamp Band, their music suddenly gets a startlingly different reception. "We love that Swamp Band music!" yell the sharp-toothed, long-tailed, yellow-eyed alligators. "We like it LOUD! Come and play for the Alligator Ball." The Swamp Band is delighted . . . but little do they know what is in store for them after their first all-night jamboree. Every noise-loving child (and noise-hating parent) will revel in Thacher Hurd's funny, jazzy tale inspired by the traditional American song "Mama Don't Allow." Presch-3
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.