- Table View
- List View
A unique approach to time management from the CEO of a successful American corporation.
For a Better Life, Close the Gaps! We all want to make a difference. But just as you need to put on your own oxygen mask before helping other passengers on an airplane, getting your own life together is the first step to making a positive impact in the world. Franklin Covey cofounder Hyrum Smith shows that what stops us are gaps between where we are and where we want to be. The first is the Beliefs Gap, between what we believe to be true and what is actually true. The second is the Values Gap, between what we value most in life and what we actually spend our life doing. The third is the Time Gap, between what we plan to do each day and what we actually get done. Smith offers a practical blueprint that we all can use to recognize and close each of these three gaps and illustrates how it can be done through inspiring true stories. The 3 Gaps provides the concepts and the tools needed to establish a solid foundation from which you can help make the world a better place.
This book is written for great leaders, parents, coaches and mentors who want to become great teachers. The Seven Laws of Learning examines why people like Confucius, Nelson Mandela, Jesus, Winston Churchill, Evita Peron, Mahatma Gandhi and other extraordinary leaders were able to teach new ideas in ways that not only engaged people but persuaded them to use their free will to bring about personal and global change. Too many leaders forget the universal truth that messages- instead of being filled with facts and data- are most effectively communicated by storytelling, metaphor, and teaching that motivates and inspires. In the clutter of all of the data and discussion and PowerPoint slides and lists and handouts, too many leaders do little or nothing to capture the imagination and inspire us to improve, to grow and to change ourselves and our organizations in ways that matter. When you understand and apply the age-old principles you'll learn from The Seven Laws of Learning, your leadership, parenting, coaching and working with others will be more effective, and you will reap the rewards that always accompany great teaching. And, you will have a more positive and lasting impact on those with whom you interact.
In good times and bad, in times of economic downturn and times of wartime peril, we as Americans have shown our mettle. There is something in the historical DNA of this people- a resilience, a power, a talent for innovation, a unique and empowering bravery- that has carried us forward as a nation and a people for nearly 250 years. This book is about this history, this inheritance, this people. These characteristics apply not just to the people of the United States as a whole, but to each of us as individuals. Whether we are leaders, followers, friends, co-workers, parents, spouses, partners or simply sojourners in this thing we call life- it is rare for us to see those we care about suffer and not want to change their circumstances or alleviate their suffering. It is an almost in-born trait that we as individuals and as a nation tend to seek ways to overcome the challenges we periodically face. Home of the Brave is about meeting our individual challenges and the challenges of those we care about and care for. It is about finding the time-proven principles in the historical DNA of great Americans that we can draw on- not only for strength but for practical insight and action that can make even the most challenging times more manageable, even conquerable.
The Ten Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management: Proven Strategies for Increased Productivity and Inner Peaceby Hyrum W. Smith
The author has developed a unique system for time management called the Franklin System that claims to change one's life forever.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.