- Table View
- List View
An estimated 21 million people are diagnosed each year with a major depressive disorder in the USA, Western Europe and Japan. The economic cost of depression and its impact on sufferers and those around them is enormous. There are numerous therapy choices available, which can be daunting for the clinician trying to achieve the best treatment regimen. Managing Depression in Clinical Practice provides a concise overview of the clinical manifestation, diagnosis and management of this debilitating condition. The book gives practical coverage of depression in special populations, the management of treatment non-response and long-term treatment. Managing Depression in Clinical Practice is intended as an accessible text for family practitioners and psychiatrists in training and in practice. It will also be of interest to specialist nurses and allied health professionals working in the field.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.