- Table View
- List View
What should be the role of foreign actors in Myanmar's political evolution?
This book analyzes Hong Kong's basic political institutions, mediating institutions and political actors, specific policy areas, and its relationships with the international community and the Mainland China. The politics of the HKSAR have often been turbulent in the decade since the 1997 handover. This book presents a comprehensive and systematic analysis of the main strands of continuity and change during the period. It looks first at the core institutions of the SAR, focusing on the Executive, the Legislature, the Judiciary, the Civil Service, District Councils, Advisory and Statutory bodies. It then turns to supporting structures in the wider society, paying particular attention to Political Parties and Election, Civil Society and NGOs, Mass Media and Public Opinions. Analyses of key policy sectors follow, notably Economic Policy, Social Policy and Urban Policy. To finish, the book examines Hong Kong's relations with the Mainland and the wider world. This book is essential for anyone - student, teacher or researcher - interested in Hong Kong's experience during the first decade of the "one country, two systems" experiment.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.