- Table View
- List View
Glass or plastic bottles? Binky or no binky? Disposable or reusable diapers? In this momtomom primer, expectant women will finally find the answers and inspiration they need to best prepare for the new life (theirs and the baby's) that awaits! A musthave for soontobe mommies feeling the stress, this book offers practical and easytoapply advice in a manageable tipbased format. Topics include: Baby names (We have to name her too?) Choosing a pediatrician (More difficult than choosing your mate. ) Sleep for the baby and you (Ah, sleep'how to get it and how to deal when you're not. ) Baby safety (Lock those cabinets and don't forget the toilet!) Activities for baby (What do I do with him once he's here?)
Change a diaper? Soothe a crying baby? Function on just a few hours of sleep? Anything moms can do, dads can do--with a little help! Becoming a father is a colossal event in a man's life. For nine months, he thought about, worried about, and dreamed about his new child, and finally his little bundle of joy is here. So, now what? This all-in-one guide shows new dads how to: *Bond with their new baby *Interpret baby's cries *Be supportive to their partner *Handle the changes to their relationship and sex life *Childproof the house Plus, this new edition features updated advice on safety issues like vaccinations, financial issues like health insurance and retirement, and cool high-tech gadgets to track and treasure each moment of their new baby's life. Complete with medical advice and practical information, this is the new dad's key to raising a happy and healthy baby.
Complete with baby names, safety considerations, and medical advice, The Everything Father's First Year Book is your key to raising a happy and healthy baby.
Your toddler has a meltdown in the middle of a store Your two-year-old is terrified to go to bed at night Your three-year-old refuses to sit on the potty When you're in the middle of a parenting emergency, you need answers fast. Luckily, this guide is the ultimate resource for time-strapped moms who need help--now! Inside, you'll find valuable information to relieve any "mommy moment," such as: Potty-training and bed-wetting Diffusing bad behaviors in public Encouraging socialization Proper nutrition and recipes for easy-to-prepare meals and take-along snacks Getting your child to sleep This handy guide also features more than fifty quick activities you can use to curb an impeding tantrum or entertain little ones when you're on the go. Packed with guidance ranging from how to stop hitting to helping ease separation anxiety, this portable go-to provides answers for any parenting problem!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.