- Table View
- List View
Youth with Aggression Issues: Bullying and Violence (Helping Youth with Mental, Physical, and Social Challenges)by Kenneth Mcintosh Ida Walker
After six months as Cain Williams' girlfriend, Jada is increasingly unhappy and frightened. There's the popular Cain--outstanding athlete, bursting with confidence--but there's also another side to Cain--the tough guy who enjoys picking on weaker kids.
Tanya Begay hates life in Los Angeles, so different from Navajo Nation where she grew up. At her grandfather's urging, she tries to help others in the city--including an Afghan immigrant struggling to learn English and a Guatemalan girl caught up in gang violence. The lives of these three girls from three different cultures collide, changing each of their destinies. Along the way, they learn a whole lot about themselves and their cultures, their differences and their similarities.
This book examines the challenges of growing adolescents with gender issues.
This book examines the challenges of growing adolescents who have HIV/AIDS.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.