- Table View
- List View
A step-by-step model for individualized case conceptualization This innovative new guide addresses the essential question facing every therapist with a new client: How do I create a treatment plan that is the best match for my client? This unique resource provides a systematic method to integrate ideas, skills, and techniques from different theoretical approaches, empirical research, and clinical experience to create a case formulation that is tailor-made for the client. Clinical Case Formulations is divided into three parts: * Getting Started--provides an overview that sets forth a framework for case formulation and data gathering. * 28 Core Clinical Hypotheses--offers a meta-framework embracing all theories, orientations, and mental health intervention models and presents clinical hypotheses within seven categories: Biological Hypotheses; Crisis, Stressful Situations, and Transitions; Behavioral and Learning Models; Cognitive Models; Existential and Spiritual Models; Psychodynamic Models; and Social, Cultural, and Environmental Factors. These hypotheses are combined and integrated to develop a coherent conceptualization of the client's problems. * Steps to a Complete Case Formulation--provides a structured framework known as the Problem-Oriented Method (POM). Using the POM and integrating multiple hypotheses, the therapist learns how to think intelligently, critically, and creatively in order to develop a tailor-made treatment plan. A list of thirty-three standards for evaluating the application of this method is provided. With this practical guide you will learn to conceptualize your clients' needs in ways that lead to effective treatment plans while finding the tools for troubleshooting when interventions fail to produce expected benefits.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.