- Table View
- List View
On the fictional morning of June 16, 1904--Bloomsday, as it has come to be known--Mr. Leopold Bloom set out from his home at 7 Eccles Street and began his day's journey through Dublin life in the pages of James Joyce's novel of the century,Ulysses. Commemorating the 100th anniversary of Bloomsday,Yes I Said Yes I Will Yesoffers a priceless gathering of what's been said aboutUlyssessince the extravagant praise and withering condemnation that first greeted itupon its initial publication. From the varied appraisals of such Joyce contemporaries as William Butler Yeats ("It is an entirely new thing. . . . He has certainly surpassed in intensity any novelist of our time") and Virginia Woolf ("Never did I read such tosh"), to excerpts from Tennessee Williams' term paper "WhyUlyssesis Boring" and assorted wit, praise, parody, caricature, photographs, anecdotes, bon mots, and reminiscence, this treasury of Bloomsiana is a lively and winning tribute to the most famous day in literature.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.