- Table View
- List View
On the fictional morning of June 16, 1904--Bloomsday, as it has come to be known--Mr. Leopold Bloom set out from his home at 7 Eccles Street and began his day's journey through Dublin life in the pages of James Joyce's novel of the century,Ulysses. Commemorating the 100th anniversary of Bloomsday,Yes I Said Yes I Will Yesoffers a priceless gathering of what's been said aboutUlyssessince the extravagant praise and withering condemnation that first greeted itupon its initial publication. From the varied appraisals of such Joyce contemporaries as William Butler Yeats ("It is an entirely new thing. . . . He has certainly surpassed in intensity any novelist of our time") and Virginia Woolf ("Never did I read such tosh"), to excerpts from Tennessee Williams' term paper "WhyUlyssesis Boring" and assorted wit, praise, parody, caricature, photographs, anecdotes, bon mots, and reminiscence, this treasury of Bloomsiana is a lively and winning tribute to the most famous day in literature.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.