- Table View
- List View
Learn how LightSwitch can accelerate and simplify application developmentAs Microsoft's newest offering for simplifying application development, LightSwitch opens the development door to creating applications without writing code. This introductory, full-color book shows you how to quickly create, modify, and distribute information for your business with LightSwitch. Packed with simple example programs, this beginner-level resource guides you through a complete small business application using LightSwitch to demonstrate the capabilities of this exciting new tool.You'll explore the most common application development issues that developers encounter on a daily basis and learn how LightSwitch makes them easier to handle with solutions that streamline application development without requiring code. Gets you started with Visual Studio LightSwitch, Microsoft's newest offering for simplifying application developmentShows you how to prepare a LightSwitch application and looks at the technologies behind a LightSwitch applicationAddresses working with simple data screens, working with master-detail data screens, and using exciting SQL server dataLooks at deploying applications, using SharePoint 2010 lists, and extending Visual Studio LightSwitchIf you're ready to simplify the application development process without writing a piece of code, then this is the book for you!
Complete coverage of all key . NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 languages and technologies . NET 4 is Microsoft's latest version of their core programming platform, and Visual Studio 2010 is the toolset that helps write . NET 4 applications. This comprehensive resource offers one-stop shopping for all you need to know to get productive with . NET 4. Experienced author and . NET guru Mitchel Sellers reviews all the important new features of . NET 4, including . NET charting and ASP. NET charting, ASP. NET dynamic data and jQuery, and the addition of F# as a supported package language. The expansive coverage is divided into six distinctive parts for easy navigation, and addresses: Visual Studio 2010, . NET 4, ASP. NET, the C# language, the VB. NET language, and the new F# language. A practical approach and complete examples round out this much-needed reference. Focuses on the new and important features of the latest version Microsoft's core programming platform-. NET 4-as well as Visual Studio 2010, which allows you to write . NET 4 applications Provides comprehensive coverage divided into six parts: Visual Studio 2010, . NET 4, ASP. NET, the C# language, the VB. NET language, and the new F# language Discusses Visual Studio snippets and templates, . NET charting components, the . NET framework and WPF, LINQ, and the Entity framework Explores various aspects of Visual Basic 2010, such as multi-line lambdas, auto-implemented properties, nullable optional parameters, and more This investigative look at . NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 will help you identify and isolate key elements that can benefit you immediately.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.