The founding of the Roman principate was a time of great turmoil. During the nascent stages of this change, there was an evolving sense of empire and inheritance. By bringing together a set of important Latin inscriptions, including the recently discovered documents concerning the death of Germanicus and trial of Calpurnius Piso, this book illustrates the developing sense of dynasty that underpinned the new monarchy of Augustus. Students can see the process by which monarchy of Roman Empire was established by examining contemporary official documents and also understand why some inscriptions were established permanently. It provides a historical commentary on the inscriptions that will be useful to students and scholars alike and supplies important technical help in understanding the production of documents and inscriptions. These technical explanations make it an excellent starting point for introducing students to Roman epigraphy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.