- Table View
- List View
Learn how to turn wire working into an art! Wire working only requires a few simple tools, but it provides endless opportunities to create artful jewelry. Whether you are new to jewelry making or a seasoned artist, wire is a medium rich in possibility. J. Marsha Michler, the author ofBead & Wire Art Jewelry, takes wire working to a new level inside these pages. OpenThe Art of Wireand discover: An extensive technique section that introduces you to wire working through step-by-step photos and instructions. Learn the ins and outs of working with wire as well as how to create your own unique and beautiful findings to personalize your jewelry. Five chapters, each focusing on a different wire-working technique. Learn how hammering, wrapping, filigree, crochet and dowel knitting can be used to transform your jewelry. Over 30 beautiful jewelry projects including necklaces, earrings, bracelets, rings and brooches. Wrap, hammer, coil, curl, twist, dowel knit, and crochet your way through the pages ofThe Art of Wireto make your own fabulous, one-of-a-kind creations.
Fashion Beads and Wire into Stunning Jewelry! Jewelry artists look no further, Bead and Wire Art Jewelry is THE resource you need to bring together two of your favorite mediums - bead and wire. From simple stringing to extensive wirework, author J. Marsha Michler's detailed, step-by-step instructions will show you how to create over 50 stunning pieces of jewelry. Learn techniques including stringing, stitching, jigwork and loomwork, and even learn to make your own findings. From easy to advanced, you will find a project to suit your skill level and tastes. This inspirational book features: 50+ easy, intermediate and advanced jewelry projects; A variety of rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces; Variations to inspire your creativity.
J. Marsha Michler, the leading designer and author in the area of crazy quilting, now joins the popular quilting technique with home decor. Quilters will follow her innovative techniques and step-by-step instructions for creating 30 crazy quilt home decor projects in popular themes such as Oriental, Victorian, Folk art, Country, Western and Whimsical. Featuring an excellent selection of projects for the home, including small quilts, window treatments, chair and table covers, pillows, baskets, picture frames, and lampshades, this book is well worth the investment. Quilters will learn several methods of crazy quilting, including topstitch applique, confetti piecing, the antique method, one-layer topstitch applique, the heirloom method, and collage method and the stained glass method.
Create a Breathtaking Heirloom Known for their lavish embellishment, bold colors, and refined composition, crazy quilts are Victoriana at its best. Crazy quilts are traditionally pieced and embellished with hand methods, but now you - regardless of your skill level - have an all-in-one resource for creating crazy quilts solely by machine or by combining hand and machine methods. Besides providing four machine piecing and patching methods, this lavishly illustrated volume includes: An encyclopedia of machine embellishments suitable for any machine that will do straight and zigzag stitches Complete instructions for 20 original, unique crazy quilted projects Designs for bed, wall, and children's quilts, throws, table covers and pillows Full-size templates
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.