- Table View
- List View
Learn how to turn wire working into an art! Wire working only requires a few simple tools, but it provides endless opportunities to create artful jewelry. Whether you are new to jewelry making or a seasoned artist, wire is a medium rich in possibility. J. Marsha Michler, the author ofBead & Wire Art Jewelry, takes wire working to a new level inside these pages. OpenThe Art of Wireand discover: An extensive technique section that introduces you to wire working through step-by-step photos and instructions. Learn the ins and outs of working with wire as well as how to create your own unique and beautiful findings to personalize your jewelry. Five chapters, each focusing on a different wire-working technique. Learn how hammering, wrapping, filigree, crochet and dowel knitting can be used to transform your jewelry. Over 30 beautiful jewelry projects including necklaces, earrings, bracelets, rings and brooches. Wrap, hammer, coil, curl, twist, dowel knit, and crochet your way through the pages ofThe Art of Wireto make your own fabulous, one-of-a-kind creations.
Fashion Beads and Wire into Stunning Jewelry! Jewelry artists look no further, Bead and Wire Art Jewelry is THE resource you need to bring together two of your favorite mediums - bead and wire. From simple stringing to extensive wirework, author J. Marsha Michler's detailed, step-by-step instructions will show you how to create over 50 stunning pieces of jewelry. Learn techniques including stringing, stitching, jigwork and loomwork, and even learn to make your own findings. From easy to advanced, you will find a project to suit your skill level and tastes. This inspirational book features: 50+ easy, intermediate and advanced jewelry projects; A variety of rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces; Variations to inspire your creativity.
J. Marsha Michler, the leading designer and author in the area of crazy quilting, now joins the popular quilting technique with home decor. Quilters will follow her innovative techniques and step-by-step instructions for creating 30 crazy quilt home decor projects in popular themes such as Oriental, Victorian, Folk art, Country, Western and Whimsical. Featuring an excellent selection of projects for the home, including small quilts, window treatments, chair and table covers, pillows, baskets, picture frames, and lampshades, this book is well worth the investment. Quilters will learn several methods of crazy quilting, including topstitch applique, confetti piecing, the antique method, one-layer topstitch applique, the heirloom method, and collage method and the stained glass method.
Create a Breathtaking Heirloom Known for their lavish embellishment, bold colors, and refined composition, crazy quilts are Victoriana at its best. Crazy quilts are traditionally pieced and embellished with hand methods, but now you - regardless of your skill level - have an all-in-one resource for creating crazy quilts solely by machine or by combining hand and machine methods. Besides providing four machine piecing and patching methods, this lavishly illustrated volume includes: An encyclopedia of machine embellishments suitable for any machine that will do straight and zigzag stitches Complete instructions for 20 original, unique crazy quilted projects Designs for bed, wall, and children's quilts, throws, table covers and pillows Full-size templates
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.