- Table View
- List View
College . . . Will your classes be as fun and exciting as they sound in the course catalog? Or will you find that you need to take advantage of your professors' office hours in order to keep up? Will ramen become your only meal? Will you get along with your roommate? From handling studying and dorm life to parties and campus safety, this guide gives you straight answers to help you survive college life. Experts Susan Fitzgerald and J. Lee Peters show you how to:Ace your papers and examsDeal with loud, rude, or eccentric roommatesPrepare for financial shock--and manage student loansPlan an incredible study abroad experienceTake care of yourself and keep your sanityYou will also find tips for packing for the big move, managing your money, making new friends, and balancing academics and your social life. With The Everything College Survival Book, 3rd Edition, you'll arrive on campus less stressed, ready for fun--and poised for success!
Your Daily Dose of College Life Welcome to college--you've just been assigned to work on a group project with kids who never come to class, your roommate keeps eating all your snacks, and to top it all off, someone threw your wet laundry on the floor to make room for their own. Needless to say, college isn't always what you'd expect, but Who Moved My Laundry? can help get you through all of college life's surprises. This book is the only one you'll need if you want to survive life as a freshman. Featuring practical advice, facts, and tips for each day of the year, this handy guide covers every aspect of college (even the things your friends and family forgot to mention). From finding an on-campus job and rushing a fraternity or sorority to dropping the freshman 15 and Facebooking future roommates, Who Moved My Laundry?gives you all the information you need to get through your first year of college in one piece.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.