The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most important industries in the world, offering new medicines, vaccines, and cures to a global population. It is a massive industry, worthy of a deep and thorough examination of its processes and chemistry, with a view toward sustainability. The authors describe what is and isn't truly sustainable, offering a new approach and a new definition of the sustainability of pharmaceutical and chemical engineering and the science behind it. This is a cutting-edge work, aimed at engineers, scientists, researchers, chemists, and students.
This is the second volume in a four-volume series aimed at guiding the pharmaceutical industry toward sustainability. After analyzing and exposing some of the backward and ill-conceived notions that guide the present state of the industry, this volume presents key theories and new, groundbreaking solutions for re-thinking the processes involved in the engineering of pharmaceuticals and offers a fundamental paradigm shift.The 4 volumes in this ambitious project are: * Volume 1: Practice, Analysis, and Methodology * Volume 2: Theories and Solutions * Volume 3: Applications for Mental Disorder Treatments * Volume 4: Applications for Physical Disorder TreatmentsThis ground-breaking set of books is a unique and state-of-the-art study that only appears here, within these pages. A fascinating study for the engineer, scientist, and pharmacist working in the pharmaceutical industry and interested in sustainability, it is also a valuable textbook for students and faculty studying these subjects.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.