- Table View
- List View
HE WOULD NEVER FORGET... Trace Gundy had left the Apache tribe that raised him to join the white man's world--but he hadn't forgotten the lessons he learned as a boy. Lessons in rebellion, hatred ... and survival. Now, he's lost his wife to a gang of brutal killers. He intends to track down the men who did it and take his revenge, even if it takes the rest of his life. Because he cannot forget murder either--nor forgive it...
A stagecoach ambushed on the outskirts of Durango, Colorado, results in a young woman being kidnapped and one witness foolish enough to trail the attackers to save the girl--which was Lingo Barnes's first mistake. His second mistake is taking Emily Lou Colter back to the valley where he learns about her father and brother and the mine they operate--which was the real target of the kidnappers.
Settlers are being brutalized and driven off of their rightful claims in the Lone Star State--and veteran Texas Ranger Trey Bonner is going to catch the culprits by taking a plot of land for himself and drawing them out. Now, the Ranger must take on a merciless land baron with an army of hired guns who wants Bonner off his land, and an assassin who wants him buried under it.
Novel of the joining of the railroads in the west.Romance, mystery, and western. A good story in which the good guys win, the railroad gets built,an orphan boy finds a good home, and the guy finds his true love.
Here on the Powder River, between Milestown and Ismay, Montana, cold gripped the land like an icy fist. Case Gentry, his wife, Anne, and two children--Mark, ten, and Brandy, eight years old--huddled out of the wind and snow in their ranch cabin. Mark and Brandy washed and dried the dishes. Anne sat next to Case in front of the fire, her fingers busy darning a pair of socks. They talked of Case's upcoming trip into Miles. Shod hooves sounded against the frozen ground. Gentry motioned them for quiet, stood, wrapped his gun-belt around his waist and cinched it tight. "Get away from in front of the door." Without a word they did as told.
Bill Tenery arrives in the town of Elkhorn looking to wet his whistle and hit the hay. But when he's mistaken for a notorious gunslinger, some outlaws decide to take him out. And Tenery must save not only his own hide, but the lives of the townspeople as well.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.