Color photographs, diagrams, and drawings highlight this volume, including 52 photo sequences that illustrate the steps for procedures such as installing a piston and rod assembly and installing and aligning a clutch disc. The book explains recent changes in automotive technology, as well as each of a car's systems, their functions, and a variety of repair techniques. Sections identify the differences among auto makers, and provide basic definitions of important theory, such as electrical and coolant processes. Erjavec has authored twenty-plus automotive text books and has taught in vocational education at Columbus State Community College. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY: A SYSTEMS APPROACH, 5th Edition remains the leading authority on automotive theory, service and repair procedures. The new edition has been updated to include coverage of hybrid vehicles throughout the text, new content on electronic automatic transmissions, preventive maintenance, and many other topics that reflect the most recent changes in the industry. Chapters cover the theory, diagnosis and service of all system areas for automobiles and light trucks, and the content closely adheres to the 2008 NATEF Automobile Program Standards.
This comprehensive textbook covers the theory of operation, diagnostics, and repair procedures for each system and subsystem of late model domestic and imported automobiles and light trucks. The new edition is published in full color for the first time, including all new step-by-step photo sequences to help users visualize and identify common repair procedures. The technical content has been both updated and improved. An emphasis is placed upon providing the best possible coverage of key topics virtually all automotive technicians must know electricity-electronics, engine performance, steering and suspension and brakes. "Hot Topics" such as the use of diagnostic equipment (including lab scopes), hazardous materials management, OBDII, electronic automatic transmissions, anti-lock braking systems, air-conditioning refrigerants and retrofitting, passive restraint systems and many others have been expanded and updated. Key new teaching tools, including 100 full-color transparency acetates, and Power- Point based lecture outlines, have been added to make the teaching package the best available.
This book guides readers through the basic maintenance, diagnosis, and servicing of all automotive systems, from tool and shop safety through the steps necessary to maintain a modern motor vehicle. Thoroughly up-to-date coverage spans the spectrum, examining basic systems such as electrical, lubrication, heating, cooling, exhaust, and transmission systems in depth.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.