- Table View
- List View
After a tragic accident kills their parents, Meg and Susan come to live in suburbia with a distant aunt. Little do they know that their lives are about to get infinitely worse.
The year is 1969. Three small town teenagers are bound together by an act of terror one of them committed four years before. A local cop can't let this unsolved crime rest. Something must give.
September. A beautiful New York editor retreats to a lonely cabin on a hill in the quiet Maine beach town of Dead River-off season-awaiting her sister and friends. Nearby, a savage human family with a taste for flesh lurks in the darkening woods, watching, waiting for the moon to rise and night to fall. And before too many hours pass, five civilized, sophisticated people and one tired old country sheriff will learn just how primitive we all are beneath the surface, and that there are no limits at all to the will to survive.
The sheriff of Dead River thought he had killed them off ten years ago-a cave-dwelling tribe of cannibals. But somehow the clan survived. And now the residents of this isolated town are fighting for their lives....
Contents: Rifle -- Box -- Mail order -- Luck -- Haunt -- Megan's law -- If memory serves -- Father and son -- Business -- Mother and daughter -- When the penny drops -- Rabid squirrels in love -- Sundays -- Twins -- Amid the walking wounded -- Great San Diego sleazy blimbo massacre -- Holding cell -- Work -- Best -- Redemption -- Exit at Toledo Blade Boulevard -- Chain letter -- Forever -- Gone -- Closing time -- Rose -- Turning -- To suit the crime -- Line, or like Franco, Elvis is dead -- Visitor -- Snakes -- Firedance.
Three teenaged boys kill a man's dog for no good reason. The man seeks justice, following the letter of the law ... read on to find out what happens.
Amidst the beauty of the landscape, Lelia, a gorgeous but dangerous woman, befriends a group of tourists... to lure them into a nightmare of pain and terror.
A whacko walking into a workplace after first making a threatening phone call ("I'm gonna get you") serves as the premise for each of the three novellas in this grisly anthology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.